What Does Short Term Health Insurance Cover?
Covered expenses for temporary health insurance plans generally include the high-dollar, unexpected care and treatment you may require as a result of an illness or injury – from a serious medical event like a heart attack or stroke to a broken leg or doctor’s office visit due to illness.
What STM Covers
- Hospital room and board
- Emergency room – anesthesiology and surgical care
- Diagnostic services – x-Rays, laboratory tests, and analysis
- Ambulance and surgical services
- Doctor visits
What STM Does NOT Cover
- Sport-related Injuries
- Injuries or illness related to participating in extreme or dangerous activites
- Medical costs resulting from injury from riding an ATV (dirt bike, snowmobile, go-cart), racing with a motorcycle, boat or any form of aircraft
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
- Any medical expenses incurred prior to the effective date or after the expiration date of your policy
- Tobacco, drug, and alcohol-related treatment expenses
Remember, these plans are highly customizable (that’s one of the perks!). Contact me today to learn more.